What would make queso even better? How about some delicious slow cooked short rib? Try this recipe for game day or any gathering you have coming up. Your friends will be amazed at your cooking prowess when they are diving into this amazing dip! This recipe is incredibly simple and can be adjusted to your particular liking! You don’t have to stick to the recipe here. Feel free to spice it up with any veggies or spices you would like! This recipe is inspired by a Matty Matherson recipe and has all the components to make your party or family dinner a success!
- Beef three rib (or any large cut or beef)
- 2-3 Stocks of Celery
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Chopped White Onion
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Large Can of Light Beer
- 1 Container Beef Stock
- Canola Oil
- Green Onion
- 1 Lime
- Our Delicious Queso (or your preferred brand)
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat pan with canola oil over medium-high heat until oil begins to smoke slightly. Brown beef on all sides (3-5 minutes). Once browned set aside to rest and preheat your oven to 375.
- Rough chop celery, green pepper, jalapeno, white onion. Once chopped add to a pot over medium heat and begin to saute. When lightly browned add tomato paste and beer. Bring to a boil then transfer to the preheated oven and let reduce by half (10-20 min, time will vary). Once reduced add 4 cups of beef broth and beef into the pot and return to the oven. Cook for (3-3.5 hours)
- After 3 hours or once all of the liquid has reduced in the pot, remove from the oven and let cool for roughly 5-10 minutes. Once cooled shred the beef and place in the middle of individual bowls of queso for serving. Garnish with green onion, cilantro and lime.