Here is a great salad to start of your 4th of July Meal or Spread. During the summer, it's always nice to have a refreshing first course. This Jalapeño Watermelon Salad is served cold so its very refreshing and who doesn't love watermelon?!?
We added sliced jalapeño to our salad, but if you can always serve them on the side depending on your guests spice level. We would recommend serving this with cilantro rice, chicken tomatillo tamales and a cowboy-caviar.
- 1/4 Watermelon // Small cubes
- 1 English Cucumbers // Bite size
- 1/4 Jalapeño // remove seeds + small diced for dressing
- 1 Jalapeño sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 Red Onion // Finely diced
- 3 Fresh Limes // Lime juice for dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro // Chopped
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Cotija or Feta ( if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt ( if desired)
- In a small bowl add lime juice, diced jalapeño and honey
- In a large bowl mix together the cucumber, watermelon, and red onion.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad, garnish with one or all of these : cilantro, cheese and additional jalapenos.